Take a look at our latest roundup of news, research, information and all things early childhood education, delivered just in time for your morning coffee break.
What are you reading? Tell us in the comments section below!
- Recent study from NAEYC surveying pre-K through 3rd grade educators. Results show that teachers support a more unified early education experience for young children, including a better bridge between preschool and elementary school.
- A look at how building with blocks can improve school readiness in young children. These and other traditional toys promote many developmental skills, including executive functioning, spatial awareness, and language development.
- A new blog series that looks at the importance of building a bridge between home visiting and ECE programs. Strengthening this connection will improve the quality of preschool programs.
- More research on the critical need worldwide for quality early childhood education experiences. Research shows that 85% of children in low income countries still do not have access to pre-primary school programming during the critical years between birth and age 5.
- Using literature to help build empathy in young children. Five books to share that highlight the power of kindness.
Brightwheel is everything you need for your preschool or child care center, in one simple app. Download it today!