Despite the surge in COVID-19, the vast majority of early education providers are remaining open
As COVID-19 cases continue to rise across the United States, many early education providers might be growing concerned. However, unlike the initial wave of COVID-19 in the spring, we now know a lot more about the virus and how it spreads, which means we are better equipped to navigate the surge.
The situation for your center is largely determined by your state regulations and local licensing departments. However, from speaking with thousands of early educators and industry experts, we know that the vast majority of providers are finding ways to remain open for in-person instruction. What’s more, if centers do need to close, most are temporary in nature and are typically limited to pods or classrooms that have been exposed to COVID-19. While COVID-19 cases are expected to rise in your area, current trends along with recent studies suggest that an overwhelming majority of child care centers will continue to remain open, provided safety protocols are followed.
For centers that are remaining open, staff shortages continue to create challenges for admins and directors. This means it’s even more important to find ways to streamline operations so you can get more time back in your day. Read on to learn how brightwheel can help you operate safely and with less stress during COVID-19.
What you can do to stay in control of the situation
We know this is a stressful time, but the more you know, the better you’ll be able to make the right decisions for your center. Continue to stay vigilant with your safety procedures, such as frequent hand washing, facility cleanings, limiting the use of communal items, and conducting health screens. Keeping your center safe and healthy will allow you to stay more in control of the situation.
Additionally, here’s a list of helpful resources you should monitor to stay up-to-date and to learn how other providers like you are navigating the crisis this winter.
- For policies and guidelines: Monitor CDC’s website and your local health and licensing department
- For answers to your burning questions, on everything from boosting enrollment to keeping students and staff safe: Join brightwheel’s weekly webinars and watch past webinars on-demand.
- To learn how you can build a safer and more resilient child care center: Download our latest ebook “4 Keys to Building a More Resilient Early Education Center During COVID-19”
How brightwheel can help you operate safely and with less stress during COVID-19
Since the start of COVID-19, we’ve been partnering with industry experts and our provider community to help solve your biggest challenges. Here are some ways you can use brightwheel to protect your students, families, and staff, and to keep your center running smoothly:
- Conduct health screens and health checks for students and staff to keep COVID-19 out of your center
- Switch to contactless check-in/check-out for students and staff and online tuition payments to minimize the spread of germs
- Centralize communications and give families peace of mind with messages, newsletters, alerts, photos, and videos.
- Adhere to room ratio guidelines, as determined by your licensing department, using scheduling and real-time room ratio tools
- Easily create a distance learning program in the event of extended closures
- Effectively communicate with staff in different classrooms using staff messaging capabilities
- Use digital daily sheets to save each staff member at least 5 hours every week while keeping families informed
In addition to keeping students and staff safe, streamlining your operations onto a single tool like brightwheel can help you save costs and a significant amount of time on some of your most tedious tasks. To learn more about how brightwheel can help you navigate COVID-19, reclaim your time, and operate better with less stress, check out this resource.
Brightwheel is the complete solution for early education providers, enabling you to streamline your center’s operations and build a stand-out reputation. Brightwheel connects the most critical aspects of running your center—including sign in and out, parent communications, tuition billing, and licensing and compliance—in one easy-to-use tool, along with providing best-in-class customer support and coaching. Brightwheel is trusted by thousands of early education centers and millions of parents. Learn more at www.mybrightwheel.com.